Charlotte, N.C. C Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement will conduct a public hearing from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Monday, February 9, 2009, in Room 267 of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center to provide an update of its proposed Commercial Plan Review revisions with a focus on the A/E Pass Rate Program proposal.
Code Enforcement is considering or has implemented a variety of changes to the Commercial Plan Review and permitting process to improve staff efficiency and usability for the design community. The plan review and permitting process revisions include 30 proposed changes, many which would have a notable impact on Code Enforcement customers. Some of the proposed revisions:
- Create a gatekeeper checklist to increase accountability at the time of plan submission
- Create a high-performing architects/engineers stream that would expedite reviews for superior plan submissions.
- Collect a 25 percent review advance from owners or architects/engineers with abandoned project track records.
- Create a mega-project review team.
- Offer conditional permitting.
- Establish an abandoned plans policy.
- Increase the maximum project size to be routed through the Commercial Technical Assistance Center.
For more information, go to www.meckpermit.com and click 2008 Proposed Commercial Plan Review Revisions.