MECKLENBURG COUNTY GOVERNMENT WINS 11 NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
Charlotte, NC – Mecklenburg County has received 11 Achievement Awards from the National Association of Counties (NACo) for programs that reflect innovation and effectiveness in service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Programs receiving honors are:
• Suicide Prevention – Area Mental Health
• FSIS Interface – Information Services & Technology
• Leave of Absence Process – Human Resources
• United Family Service Partnership – Community Support Services
• Interactive Plan Review – Code Enforcement
• Electronic Plan Management – Code Enforcement
• Community Gardens – Park and Recreation
• Naturally Home Schooled – Park and Recreation
• Water Park Halloween – Park and Recreation
• Camp Charity – Park and Recreation
• Adaptive Kayaking – Park and Recreation
The National Association of Counties' Achievement Award Program is a non-competitive program that recognizes counties for improving the management of and services provided by county government. Since the program's inception in 1970, the Achievement Award Program has honored hundreds of county government initiatives that have improved service delivery, achieved greater cost efficiency, provided finer customer service and helped to develop a better-trained workforce.
Award winners will be recognized by NACo at its annual meeting in Reno, Nevada, July 16-20. The Board of County Commissioners will recognize individual staff responsible for the winning programs and services at its July 6 meeting. Details about award winners.
Media Contact: Roger W. Kortekaas at 704-579-0258 or Roger.Kortekaas@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov