Electronic filing increases government efficiency and saves taxpayers time and expense in the filing process.
The new online application provides:
• Free online E-filing.
• Text fields that replicate the North Carolina state form to produce accurate listings for each business.
• Data storage for easy filing in future years. Taxpayers only need to add additions and deletions after their data is entered the first time.
• Sharing capabilities for CPAs and tax preparers to send listings to clients for approval.
• Taxpayers can download forms to allow the tax preparer to sign on their behalf.
• Spreadsheet templates for uploading complex asset and leasing information details.
• Live customer application support via email, phone and chat.
The County has partnered with TAXScribe to provide an application that’s easy for business owners as well as tax preparers and accountants. The Assessor’s Office will be sending out the 2012 listings shortly that will contain instructions for filing returns and extension requests online.
The new application is the newest addition to Mecklenburg County’s eGovernment, making it easy for people to do their County business online, rather than in line.
Media Contact: Roger W. Kortekaas at 704-579-0258 or Roger.Kortekaas@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov