The department is now allowing the entire CTAC process --permitting, plan submittal and plan review -- to be completed online.
Code Enforcement customers with an established account and who are properly licensed can submit a permit application and attach the electronic plans in PDF format for projects fitting the CTAC plan submittal project types listed on the CTAC webpage. Here’s what the process looks like:
- The prime contractor for the project submits an electronic permit application via the contractor dashboard. All subcontractors involved in the project must be included on the application. Be sure to select the “CTAC Plan Review & Permit application” option during the permit application process. Do not attempt to attach plans at this point.
- Once you submit the permit application, the application will be identified with a submittal number accessible from your “My Permits” page.
- The contractor receives a system generated e-mail providing the submittal number, a project number and a Web link to provide access to uploading electronic plan files. This email can be forwarded to a designer of choice so they can upload the plans. Plans may also be uploaded directly from the Contractor Dashboard and the permit page.
- Auto generated emails will notify the contractor when plan modifications are needed. The email will include a Web link to access the uploading of modified files.
The project status can be monitored from the permit page or by searching by the project number.
Electronic Plan Submittal requirements are:
- Project types are limited to Business and Mercantile occupancy classifications only, no changes in occupancy classifications. (No change in current policy).
- Project plans shall be compiled into one PDF file including an Appendix B and a sheet index.
- Drawings shall be orientated as Landscape & formatted to scale
- Drawings shall be bookmarked by page.
- The gatekeeper checklist and any other supporting documents shall be separate attachments.
- The electronic permit application must be complete and include all associated trade contractors.
- If the submittal is an RTAP a copy of the approved project must be included in the submittal and a separate file.
Visit our CTAC webpage at www.meckpermit.com
for a complete list of plan submittal requirements.