The Board of County Commissioners authorized contracting with Pearson’s to analyze the revaluation to address concerns expressed by several homeowners about changes in property values as well as the notification and appeals process.
Part of the review includes input from property owners in each of the six Board of County Commissioners districts. All meetings are 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Participants in the meeting will receive a briefing by Pearson’s on the review phases and schedule. Pearson’s representatives also will facilitate discussion to learn more about what key issues and concerns property owners would like the review to address. The meetings are open to the public and there is no need to register for the meetings. Meetings will be held as follows:
- July 30 – District 6 - Matthews Town Hall - 232 Matthews Station Street
- July 31 - District 1 – Cornelius Town Hall - 21445 Catawba Ave.
- August 2 – District 3 – Beatties Ford Branch – Public Library - 2412 Beatties Ford Road
- August 6 – District 4 – Charlotte Mecklenburg Government Center - 600 East 4th Street
- August 7 - District 5 - Charlotte Mecklenburg Senior Centers - 2225 Tyvola Road
- August 9 – District 2 – First Baptist West Chapel - 1801 Oaklawn Ave.
Details and updates about the revaluation review are available online here
Pearson’s also will hold a series of public meetings after it completes its review to discuss with residents its findings and recommendations. The review is scheduled to take 16 weeks and will include an assessment of administrative procedures, conformity to legal requirements, accepted appraisal standards, integrity of data, and the dissemination of information to the public. The independent review will cost $254,400.
Pearson’s Appraisal Service was selected by the Board upon the County Manager’s recommendation following a formal Request for Proposals (RFP) process. Pearson’s Appraisal Service, Inc. has been a leader in mass appraisal in North Carolina for more than 30 years. Its services range from turn-key revaluation projects to specialty services such as property imaging, IT services, project management, and project consultation. To date, Pearson’s has completed more than 175 turn-key projects and appraised more than two million properties in North Carolina.