Applying for funds:
When you come to apply for LIEAP please make sure to bring the following for a quick decision:
- Funds will be based on need and the amount of energy used.
- Applications can be made at either DSS location: Kuralt Center, 301 Billingsley Road, Charlotte, or Chapin Hall, 3205 Freedom Drive, Charlotte.
- Payments will be made directly to utility companies during the month of the application, payments will not be made to the applicant.
- Everyone who is eligible must apply, no one will be ‘automatically’ approved.
- A copy of the energy bill for the household—account number verification
- Pay stubs or wage verification
- Verification of social security numbers for all on the application; particularly if they are of working age
- Identification cards such as a state issued ID or military ID
For more information, please call DSS at 704-336-3000.
| Number eligible in household
||Maximum countable income
Note: Households meet income eligibility if the total household members' countable income is equal to or less than 130% of the current poverty level.