Programs receiving honors are:
- Mecklenburg County Business Support Services Agency
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Mobile App
- Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team
- Enterprise Letters & Forms Project
- LUESA: Individual Safety Training Program
- Mecklenburg County License Plate Recognition
- Mecklenburg County Manager’s Office Quality of Life Dashboard
- Mecklenburg County Office of the Tax Collector: Microsoft (MS) Tag
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Just Dance! Program
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Moth Nights Program
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Paralympic Boccia Program
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Recreation Employment Corp
- Mecklenburg County BSSA-IT/Sheriff’s Office Arrest Processing Project
- Mecklenburg County BSSA-IT/Sheriff’s Office Mobile Arrest / Warrant Inquiry Project
The NACo Achievement Award Program is a non-competitive program that recognizes counties for improving the management of and services provided by county government. Since its inception in 1970, the Achievement Award Program has honored hundreds of county government initiatives that have improved service delivery, achieved greater cost efficiency, provided finer customer service and helped to develop a better-trained workforce.
Founded in 1935, NACo provides essential services to the nation’s 3,069 counties. NACo advances issues with a unified voice before the federal government, improves the public’s understanding of county government, assists counties in finding and sharing innovative solutions through education and research, and provides value-added services to save counties and taxpayers money.
The Board of County Commissioners will recognize individual staff responsible for the winning programs and services at an upcoming meeting.