Help us celebrate by enjoying everything we have to offer:
- Visit a park or nature preserve
- Take a run or ride your bike on a greenway
- Participate in a recreation or fitness center program
- Tee off at one of five Park and Rec golf courses, or try disc golf at one of our 15 courses
- Cool off at the Aquatic Center, Ray’s Splash Planet, an outdoor pool or sprayground
- Go camping at McDowell Nature Preserve – don’t forget the s’mores!
- Hit the lakes and launch your boat at one of our many launches or rent a canoe at Latta Plantation Nature Preserve
- Go mountain biking – we’ve got over 40 miles of trails just for you and your bike
- Go fishing in any of our lakes or ponds. With over 27 miles of shoreline and numerous fishing piers, you will find a favorite spot.
- Visit a Historic Site and learn about Mecklenburg’s past
- And so much more!
Visit www.parkandrec.com to learn more.
Share Your Experience with Us
Do you have a favorite Park and Recreation photo or story? Share it with us on Facebook
Did you know Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation facilities and programs bring over $53 million in tourism dollars to the County every year, decrease the public’s medical costs by $81 million every year, save the County over $18 million per year in storm water cost savings by protecting watersheds, shorelines, and streams, and our park trees remove over 1.5 million TONS of air pollution every year at an estimated cost savings of $3.8 million per year. The benefits of our parks, greenways, and nature preserves are truly endless.
Thanks for helping us make Park and Recreation the natural place to be in Mecklenburg County.