If you love dogs, the place for you on Saturday, April 26 is the 2014 Bark in the Park Top Dog Festival presented by Purina® and Harris Teeter.
The event, which drew more than 13,000 people last year, will return to Historic Rural Hill, 4431 Neck Road, Huntersville, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"Harris Teeter and Purina look forward to another successful Bark in the Park festival," said Danna Jones communication specialist for Harris Teeter." Bark in the Park is a fun family event, and the proceeds fund the construction and maintenance of dog parks throughout Mecklenburg County, benefiting both dogs and the people they own."
This year’s festival offers something for everyone including performances by the Ultimate Air Dogs, live music from The Old Dogs Band, food and product vendors, and the following free contests:
• 10 a.m. Agility DemoCenter Ring
• 10:30 a.m. Long Shot Center Ring
• 11 a.m. Ultimate Air Dogs Performance Demo Ring
• 11:15 a.m. Cutest Puppy Contest Main Stage
• 11:30 a.m. Ultimate Air Dogs Public Participation Demo Ring
• 11:30 a.m. Smallest Dog Contest Main Stage
• 12 noon Top Dog Winner Announcement Main Stage
• 12:30 p.m. Best Costume Contest Main Stage
• 1 p.m. Ultimate Air Dogs PerformanceDemo Ring
• 1:30 p.m. Ultimate Air Dogs Public ParticipationDemo Ring
• 1:30 p.m. Agility Demo Center Ring
• 2 p.m. Best Dog BarkMain Stage
• 2 p.m. Owner look a LikeMain Stage
• 2:30 p.m. Toss and Catch Center Ring
• 3 p.m. Ultimate Air Dogs Performance Demo Ring
• 3:30 p.m. Ultimate Air Dogs Public Participation Demo Ring
• 3:30 p.m. Best Trick (Adult leading the dog) Main Stage
• 3:30 p.m. Best Trick (Child leading the dog) Main Stage
• 3:45 p.m. Largest Dog ContestMain Stage
Register on-site to participate in a contest.
For more information, visit the Bark in the Park Top Dog Festival web page.
Share Your Bark in the Park photos on social media
Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation, Harris Teeter and Purina will post live updates on Facebook and Twitter throughout the event. Feel free to follow along or post your Bark in the Park photos using #MeckBarkPark.