Before a building can be built or land can be graded, the developer must submit plans for approval and the construction site must be inspected. Mecklenburg County’s Land Use and Environmental Services Agency (LUESA) provides land development and related environmental and zoning services. LUESA North works in partnership with the Towns of Cornelius, Davidson and Huntersville.
Services provided at the LUESA North office include:
- Residential building permits
- Zoning permits and inspections
- Engineering plan review for commercial and residential projects
- Site inspections for roadway and drainage construction, and for erosion control and water quality protection
- Housing code compliance
Telephone and fax numbers to LUESA North will not be affected by the move.
While the LUESA North office is temporarily closed, customers can get assistance:
- At meckpermit.com
- At LUESA’s main office at 700 North Tryon Street, Charlotte
- At the LUESA South office at 1311 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Matthews