The indoor waterpark at Ray's Splash Planet is one of a kind and likely to leave a permanent smile on the faces of your family. There are countless ways to get soaked and have fun in this one-of-a-kind waterpark that contains 117,000 gallons of water.
Here is a list of the fun-filled attractions in the waterpark:
- The Blue Comet: 3 story giant slide shaped in the form of a double figure-8. (Must be 48 inches tall to ride.)
- The Orbiter: Orbit around
the Blue Comet on a tube and relax.
- Saturation Station (pictured below): Features four slides, interactive water play and a tumble bucket.
- The Vortex: A quick current pool that pushes a person in a circle.
- Meteor Showers: (pictured below on right) Brightly colored buckets that fill with water and then spill over.
- Sun Drops: These squirters are placed around the pool basin.
- Moon Beach: State-of-the-art gradual beach-like entry pool.
- Sea of Tranquility: Two lap-lanes for lap swimming and/or water basketball and water volleyball.
Will you be ready when the
Meteor Shower drenches you
with about a gazillion
gallons of water?
A cute baby plays at Ray's Splash Planet on
the Moon Beach.
Click to See More Pictures of Our Facility
Facility Courtesies, Pool Rules and Policies
- Children 3 years and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water
- Children 3 years and under must wear swim diapers. Swim diapers may be purchased at our Help Desk.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult in the Splash Park area at all times.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult in the facility.
- Children 6 years and older must use a same gender locker room or family locker room.
- Ray's Splash Planet's Fitness Center is reserved for adults only (18+).
- Rain checks are issued only if the facility is closed for longer than one hour because of weather or other pool incidents. (Customers must keep and show their receipt.) Ray's Splash Planet does not offer refunds for any reason.
- Inflatable flotation devices, water wings, toys and floaties are not allowed in any Mecklenburg County owned aquatic facility. US Coast Guard approved lifejackets are available to children for free.
- Walk-in groups are welcome to come as members of the general public and pay the public rate for a day pass. For large walk-in groups, we require 1 adult in the water for every 10 children in the water. To schedule your non-profit group click here.
- Swimsuits are required for all swimmers and subject to Management approval.
- Mecklenburg County is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please secure your valuables in your vehicle or on the pool deck. Unfortunately we do not supply locks for our lockers, so we discourage their use.
- No coolers, outside food or beverages are allowed to be brought inside of Ray's Splash Planet. There are picnic tables outside for your convenience.
- Ray's Splash Planet does not offer refunds for any reason.
- Ray's Splash Planet is a non-smoking facility.
- All patrons should be completely dried off and have shoes on before entering the lobby area. Shirts and shoes are required in the lobby area for safety. Our floors are slippery when wet.
- All patrons must shower prior to getting in the water.
- Proper swimming attire is required and subject to management approval. Cut-offs, jeans or attire with exposed metal or decorations may damage slides or other equipment and are not be allowed.
- An adult male must walk the boys and an adult female must walk the girls through appropriate locker rooms. A smaller family locker room is also available.
- Inflatable flotation devices, water wings, toys and floaties are not allowed in any Mecklenburg County pool. US Coast Guard approved lifejackets are available for children.
- Our staff are hired to keep all participants safe. Please do not distract Lifeguards on duty. Please keep an eye on your child(ren) at all times. Our lifeguards are trained to react and respond to emergencies, we expect parents to be the first line of defense in preventing emergencies.
- All lost and found items are kept for a maximum of 2 weeks. Afterwards all items are donated to the Goodwill.
- Children must be 48 inches tall to use the Blue Comet slide.
- No outside toys or water related items are allowed in the waterpark area.
- Vision glasses are not permitted on any slide.
- NO RUNNING!
- No adults are allowed on child oriented Splash Park area attractions or slides.
- NO DIVING! The entire Splash Park water depth area is only 4 feet or less.
- Slide on your bottom, feet first, down all water slides.
- No gum in the waterpark area.
- Certified lifeguards are on duty at all times.
- If it is lightning the pool will close for 30 minutes from the last lightning strike.
- The pool must close at least 30 minutes after cleaning up in the event of vomit or defecation.