Lake Lure, nestled among the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, is what National Geographic called “one of the most beautiful man made lakes in the world”. Discover the beauty and charm of Lake Lure. Relax on a covered tour past local attractions and landmarks such as the resort used in filming the Dirty Dancing and the recently restored historic 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa. Listen to legends and learn about the history of Hickory Nut Gorge. The Beachside Grill provides lunch with salads, sandwiches and burgers.
- Date: Thursday, August 27th
- Price: $59 per person (includes motor coach transportation, guided lake cruise and lunch)
- Bus Departs: 6:45am from various Recreation Centers
- Lunch: 12:30pm
- Return Approx: 6:35pm
Times can change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- TRIP RATING: Minimum Walking Required – little to no walking.
- Trip includes: Motor coach transportation, a bottled water and snack on bus, Cruise on Lake Lure and lunch at the Beachside Grill.
To register contact: Michelle.Hitselberger@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov or 704.567.1941