Charlotte, NC – Spring is just around the corner. Now is the time to plan for updates to yards and gardens with plants from Mecklenburg County 4-H. The 4-H Clubs are taking orders for berry plants, fruit trees, flowering trees and shrubs. Order now through February 24, 2010. Proceeds support Mecklenburg youth and teens attending summer camps and leadership programs. Call or go online for these varieties.
- Blueberries: Climax, Powder Blue and Brightwell, $8 each
- Blackberries: Ouachita and Triple Crown, $8 each
- Raspberries: Nova, $8 each
- Apple: Granny Smith, McIntosh, Stayman, $12 each
- Semi-Dwarf Apple: Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, $14 each
- Pear: Keiffer, Bartlett, Moonglow, $12 each
- Peach: Red Haven and Belle of Georgia, $12 each
- Plum: Methley and Santa Rosa, $12 each
- Red, White, Puple, and Pink Crape Myrtles: $10 each
- Red, Pink, and Kousa White English Dogwoods: $15 each
- Flowering Crabapple: Red and Silver, $15 each
- American Redbud: $15 each
- Cherry: Kwanzan, Yoshina, $18 each
- Forsythia: $8 each
- Japanese Snowball: $8 each
- Calycanthus (Sweet Shrub) $8 each
- Blue Hydrangea: $12 each
- River Birch: $14 each
- Red Maple: $14 each
- Pin Oak: $14 each
- Western Catalpa: $14 each
Berry plants are three years old and come in one-gallon containers. All trees and shrubs are sold bare root. For more information about each variety, or to order online, visit www.mecklenburgcounty4h.org. Or call the 4-H office weekdays 8am–5pm at 704 336-2082.
Orders will be confirmed by mail. Plants can be picked-up March 4 and 5 at the Cooperative Extension/4-H Office. For more information, call 704-336-2082 or email: email@example.com.