Charlotte, NC – Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department invites active retirees, empty nesters and boomers to sign-up now for “Winter Leisure and Learn 2010,” 10am-2pm on Thursdays: January 21, 28 and February 4, 2010. This is a series of fun and informative programs for seniors, ages 50 and up, at Mallard Creek Recreation Center, 2530 Johnston-Oehler Road.
The programs include guest speakers Harvey Gantt, former Mayor of Charlotte and US Senate candidate, and Kelly Gibson of LAUGH: Laugh And U Generate Happiness.” Included are seminars on:
- Astronomy: Exploring our Galaxy and Beyond with professor Carver of NC A&T University
- Beginners Line Dance – easy, fun and great exercise for the heart and mind
- The Best Medicine-- free and easily shared energetic health solutions.
- Bridge Social – enjoy the fellowship and challenge.
- Chef “Shad”- cooking demonstrations to watch and taste the results.
- Technology 101: Learn how to use Cell phones, Digital Cameras, Emails, Twitter, Facebook, etc.-- hands on with experts from the field.
- Staging!--The new way to downsize with ample results.
- And much more!
The series also offers morning coffee and refreshments, blood pressure checks, lunch, door prizes and lots of fun! Cost for the whole series is $12. Space is limited, so register today! To register visit the recreation center, visit www.parkandrec.com, click on Eparks, and use Course Code #6914, or call 311.
For more information call 704 548-8234 or e-mail: caroline.carver@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov.
This series is presented in partnership with Shad’s Landing Holiday Retirement, Accquest Hearing Center, Best Buy, and Starbucks.