Charlotte, NC – Mecklenburg County Cooperative Extension
is accepting orders for various berry plants, fruit trees, and flowering trees and shrubs. The deadline to order is Feb. 24. All proceeds directly support Cooperative Extension programs such as youth and teen summer camps and leadership programs.
The following varieties are offered this year:
- Blueberries: Climax, Premier and Brightwell, $8 each
- Blackberries: Apache and Arapaho, $8 each
- Raspberries: Nova, $8 each
- Muscadines: Cowart and Triumph, $8 each
- Apple: Granny Smith, McIntosh, Stayman, $12 each
- Semi-Dwarf Apple: Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, $14 each
- Pear: Keiffer, Bartlett, Moonglow, $12 each
- Peach: Red Haven and Belle of Georgia, $12 each
- Plum: Methley and Santa Rosa, $12 each
- • ig: Brown Turkey and Celeste, $8 each
- Red, White, Puple, and Pink Crape Myrtles: $10 each
- Red, Pink, and Kousa White English Dogwoods: $18 each
- Flowering Crabapple: Red and Silver, $15 each
- American Redbud: $15 each
- Cherry: Kwanza, Yoshina, $18 each
- Forsythia: $8 each
- Japanese Snowball: $8 each
- Calycanthus (Sweet Shrub) $8 each
- Blue Hydrangea: $12 each
- River Birch: $14 each
- Red Maple: $14 each
- Pin Oak: $14 each
- Western Catalpa: $14 each
Berry plants are 3 years old and come in one-gallon containers. All trees and shrubs are sold bare root.
Orders will be confirmed in the mail. Plants will be available for pick up March 1 and 2 at the Cooperative Extension/4-H Office, 1418 Armory Drive in uptown Charlotte.
For more information about each variety, call the Cooperative office weekdays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., at 704 336-2082.