Charlotte, NC - Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation will recognize National Trails Day with events at Reedy Creek Nature Preserve
and Latta Plantation Nature Preserve
Events are free and include:
- Guided Nature Walk - Reedy Creek: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- The day will begin with beautification projects along the trail followed b a guided tour that's between 1 and 2 miles. This hike is for ages 8 and up. Register
- Hike with a Naturalist - Latta Plantation: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Learn about the history and explore the diverse wildlife of Mecklenburg County's largest nature preserve. The hike will be between 3 and 4 miles. All ages are welcome. Register.
- RibbonWalk Repair Day
- Sierra Club members, potential members, and those that love to preserve and protect the environment are welcome to join in the service project. Find out more
National Trails Day began in 1993 as an effort to demonstrate the importance that nature has in our everyday lives. Events are held across the country each year that stress the educational and recreational value that can be obtaining from going outside and enjoying nature.