Park and Recreation operates seven fitness centers
throughout the County, making it easy for you to start your journey to a healthier, more fit you.
Fitness centers offer cardiovascular, weight resistance, and free weight equipment at a great value as well as instructional classes for all skill levels.
Free first time visit!
Drop by the fitness center closest to you now through Feb. 28, 2014 for a free visit! Simply mention the fitness center ad in the Winter Get Going Guide and enjoy a great workout.
Fitness centers are located at the following recreation centers. For information on rates, contact the fitness center at the number provided below:
- Aquatic Center (MCAC) 800 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., 704-336-3483: The MCAC offers year-round lap swimming, water aerobics, and swim lessons. Also enjoy the exercise room with cardio and weight equipment and the large hot tub.
- Bette Rae Thomas Fitness Center 2921 Tuckaseegee Road, 704-432-3048: The Bette Rae Thomas Fitness Center offers a full range of fitness programs for all ages including yoga, personal training, and Feeling Alive After 55 senior fitness class.
- Mallard Creek Fitness Center 2530 Johnston Oehler Road, 704-548-8234: The Mallard Creek Fitness Center offers a variety of fitness programs for teens and adults.
- RAY's Splash Planet 215 N. Sycamore Street, 704-432-4729: The fitness center at Ray’s Splash planet offers a variety of fitness programs for all ages including aerobics and personal training. Fitness facility has a full line of cardio, weight equipment and free weights.
- Revolution Park Sports Academy, 1225 Remount Rd, 704-432-4963: Revolution Park Sports Academy features a variety of fitness programs for all ages and is home to the Charlotte Boxing Academy. Come in and train like a boxer without taking the hits!
- Southview Fitness Center 1720 Vilma Street, 704-392-7452: Southview's fitness center offers a great economical way to get fit and healthy. The fitness center includes cardiovascular equipment, resistance equipment and free weights.
- West Charlotte Fitness Center 2401 Kendall Drive, 704-432-6474: The West Charlotte Fitness Center features cardiovascular and multi-station strength equipment to target the major muscle groups in the body. Fitness classes are offered for teens and adults.