Dogs must meet all guidelines below and maintain current vaccinations (Rabies with Tag Number, DHLPP & Bordetella) to utilize the off-leash areas.
Dog Park closes at sunset daily.
- No animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area.
- All dogs must be leashed until safely inside the dog park and returned to a leash prior to exiting.
- Dog owners must remain in the fenced area while their dogs are using the dog park. Owners must be in view of their dogs and have voice control at all times.
- Children accompanying dog owners must be strictly supervised and at least 12 years old to be allowed inside. Spectators should remain outside the fenced area.
- Aggressive dogs and female dogs in heat are not allowed. Owners must immediately leash and remove dogs from the dog park and the first sign of aggressive behavior.
- Please be courteous to others and remove any sick dogs from the dog park.
- Owners must dispose of waste properly in the designated on-site containers.
- While small bite-sized training treats are permitted, food in bowls, long-lasting chews, or glass containers are not allowed.
- Smoking and eating are not allowed inside the dog park.
- No more than three (3) dogs per person are allowed on any single visit.
- Puppies less than four (4) months old are not permitted.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated for rabies and DHLPP. Current license and rabies tags must be worn on the dogs collar at all times.
- North Carolina State Law requires all dog bites to be reported to CMPD Animal Control Bureau 311. In addition, owners are required to assist in the investigation of incidents of aggression or biting by providing appropriate identification and information to CPD, AND to other dog owners who are involved with the incident under investigation.
- Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dogs actions.