McAlpine Creek Park Recycling Center
8711 Monroe Road
From Points North:
South on Monroe Road. After intersection with Idlewild Road go 2.5 miles. Center is on the left just before the railroad tracks.
From Points South:
North on Monroe Road. After intersection with Sardis Road go 1 mile. Center is on the right just after the railroad tracks.
Hours of Operation:
24 hours. (This is an unattended center)
NEW!! Plastic Bottles and Jugs (EXCEPT #6)
NEW!! Wide-Mouth Plastic Containers
NEW!! Rigid Plastics
NEW!! Empty Aerosol Cans
NEW!! Milk and Juice Cartons, Juice Boxes
- Aluminum/steel/tin cans
- Spiral paper cans ( i.e. frozen juice cans
- Glass jars/bottles (all colors) (NO lids or caps, ceramic cups, window/windshield glass, pyrex, glass dinnerware--plates and cups)
- Junk mail and Mixed Paper (office paper, junk mail, envelopes, cereal boxes without liners, paper bags, gift boxes, gift wrap, dry food boxes, beer and pop cartons, mail tubes, paper towel rolls, index cards, file folders, paper egg cartons and paper food trays). (NO paper contaminated with food residue, diapers, text books, styrofoam, plastic food containers, gift bows and ribbons, and plastic grocery bags!)
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Flattened corrugated cardboard
- NOW accepting pizza boxes!
Materials Preparation: NEW!!!
ALL materials can be placed in the same dumpster, no need to separate.
Please do not leave any trash or other materials not accepted at the recycling center. The recycling centers are subject to close if the centers become trashed or if the recyclables become contaminated.
Please send your questions or comments to Steve Hoffman.