Collection Days in Mint Hill
For specific information on collection days, a roll-out garbage cart or recycling bin, or to report service problems, call 704-545-9726 or visit the Town of Mint Hill Public Works.
Recycling in Mint Hill
Acceptable Materials (Effective July 1, 2010):
NEW!! Plastic Bottles and Jugs (EXCEPT #6)
NEW!! Wide-Mouth Plastic Containers
NEW!! Rigid Plastics
NEW!! Empty Aerosol Cans
NEW!! Milk and Juice Cartons, Juice Boxes
- Metal food cans
- Spiral paper cans ( i.e. frozen juice cans)
- Glass jars/bottles (all colors) (NO lids or caps, ceramic cups, window/windshield glass, pyrex, glass dinnerware--plates and cups)
- Junk mail and Mixed Paper (office paper, junk mail, envelopes, cereal boxes without liners, paper bags, gift boxes, gift wrap, dry food boxes, beer and pop cartons, mail tubes, paper towel rolls, index cards, file folders, paper egg cartons and paper food trays). (NO paper contaminated with food residue, diapers, text books, styrofoam, plastic food containers, gift bows and ribbons, and plastic grocery bags!)
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- Telephone books
- Cereal and food boxes
- Paperback Books
- Flattened corrugated cardboard
- NOW accepting pizza boxes!
Other Recycling and Garbage Options: The Hickory Grove Recycling Center, located at 8007 Pence Road, will accept other trash and recyclables such as electronics, construction materials, mattresses pesticides and even paint cans.
The center is open Monday - Saturday; 7am - 4pm
Note: Recycled yard waste, compost and mulch is also available for pick up at the recycling center for a very reasonable cost. Get prices at the recycling center or call 311.