Void where prohibited. WOW Challenge open only to legal residents of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina . WOW Challenge ends midnight December 31 of each year.
1. HERE'S HOW TO ENTER: Each customer that correctly completes a WOW Challenge to include the section providing the customers name, address and telephone number, as of midnight, June 1 each year and midnight December 1 each year is automatically entered to win.
Each customer may take each one of the WOW Challenges only once. Duplicates on the same challenge will be disallowed and removed.
Customers can register for the WOW Challenge by visiting www.wipeoutwaste.com, clicking on the WOW Challenge button, icon or page and following the sign-up instructions. Name, address and telephone number are required to reach the drawing winner. Your name, address or telephone number will not be bought sold or traded to anyone. (We help you get rid of junk mail remember.) One (1) WOW Challenge customer will be selected for each WOW prize between January 1 through June 1 and July 1 through December 1. To win the WOW Challenge prize, you must follow the WOW Challenge instructions to receive notification that you were selected as the winner. Limit one entry per WOW Challenge per person.
Entry by Mail: In lieu of www.wipeoutwaste.com entry method, you may also enter simply by handprinting your name, complete address (including city, state and zip code), day and evening phone numbers, age, mail address, on a single 3" X 5" card (the words ("Mail-In Entry") and mailing it to: WOW Challenge, Mecklenburg County LUESA Solid Waste, 700 North Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202 . No WOW Challenge answers are necessary to enter by mail. Customers are limited to one (1) Mail-In Entry per person and only one Mail-In Entry per envelope. Only original hand printed Mail-In Entries are eligible. Mechanically reproduced Mail-In Entries will not be accepted. Each Mail-In Entry must be placed in a separate outer mailing envelope. Any Mail-In Entry received in excess of the one request per and/or the one request per envelope will not be entered into the drawing. All Mail-In Entries must be received by midnight, June 1 and/or midnight, December 1. All Mail-In Entries become the exclusive property of Mecklenburg County LUESA and will not necessarily be acknowledged or returned.
2. RANDOM DRAWING: The winner will be chosen in a random drawing from all entries received electronically or via mail on by midnight, June 1 and/or midnight, December 1. The potential winner will be notified via telephone or mail. Chance of winning depends on total number of eligible entries received. Decisions of the judges are final. The prize will be awarded and the winner notified by telephone, or email.
3. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE VALUE:
One (1) prize. Approximate retail value (ARV) – $150.00.
The prize reward does not accumulate. Once the first prize is claimed, the next prize will be drawn and given to the winner in the second yearly drawing.
4. GENERAL RULES: Employees, officers and directors of Mecklenburg County Government and/or affiliates, parents or subsidiaries, and their advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws apply. The WR Challenge is void where prohibited by law. No substitution or transfer of prize(s) permitted. No cash substitutions of prize(s) permitted. Potential prize winner must respond to their mail notification within 7 days of the delivery of the registered mail and may be asked to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form within 7 days of their response, in addition to a promotional release. Non-compliance with this time period may result in disqualification and the prize may be forfeited. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission by the winner for the sponsor and its agencies to use, without further compensation, the winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offering, the administration of the sweepstakes, or the announcement of the prize(s). Mecklenburg County and participating sponsors are not responsible for any damages resulting from the use of prizes, make no warranty concerning the characteristics or qualities of the prizes and reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). In the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules, if the winner cannot be reached at the mail address on the winner's Entry Form, or if the winner does not follow the redemption instructions in the winning mail, the prize will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable. No cash or prize substitutions, except that Mecklenburg County reserves the right to substitute prizes of comparable value.
All Mail-In Entries become Mecklenburg County LUESA's property and will not be returned. Mecklenburg County and Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, illegible, incomplete, late, mutilated or postage-due Mail-In Entries or for any act or failure to act regarding the transmitting, delay or processing of entries or for the operation of the computer program and/or www.wipeoutwaste.com, including data loss and/or corruption, computer malfunctions or software errors. To qualify for entry, you must provide Mecklenburg County LUESA a valid name and address associated with the WOW Challenge. Participation in the WOW Challenge is free and is open to everyone who completes and submits a WOW Challenge via Computer or mail-In entry card.
Mecklenburg County reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel the www.wipeoutwaste.com entry portion of this Challenge, should either portion, www.wipeoutwaste.com or the Mail-In Entries become technically corrupted or otherwise cannot be conducted as originally planned and to select winners from among all eligible Mail-In Entries received.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. Mecklenburg County and/or affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, and the employees, officers and directors of all such parties assume no responsibility or liability for, and all entrants agree to release and hold them harmless from and against, any damages, injuries, losses, claims or causes of action of any kind arising from participation in this Contest, the operation of this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
6. LIST OF WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after first and second drawing and prize award, send a separate, stamped self-addressed (#10) envelope to, 2006 WOW Challenge, Mecklenburg County LUESA Solid Waste, 700 North Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202 .
For further information contact 704-432-1970.
SPONSORS: Mecklenburg County LUESA Solid Waste