How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Land Development
About Us
Contact Us
Frequently Called Numbers
Volunteer to improve our water and land

Frequently called Water & Land Resources and related numbers:

Emergencies (chemical spills, flooding) 911
Blocked storm drain on street/road 311 or 704-336-7600
Commercial Technical Answer Center (Construction) 704-336-3829
Creeks blocked by debris 311 or 704-336-7600
Drainage problems on private property 311 or 704-336-7600
Erosion (Construction sites/City of Charlotte) 311 or 704-336-7600
Erosion (Construction sites/outside City limits) 311 or 704-336-7600
Erosion (streambank) 311 or 704-336-7600
Flood zone determinations 704-432-7246
Floodplain Development Permits (new construction) 704-432-7246
Floodplain Development Permits (improvement to existing building in floodplain) 704-432-7246
Floodplain Occupancy Holds 704-432-7246
Illegal dumping in creeks 311 or 704-336-7600
Land Development plan review and site inspections 704-432-2520 
Residential Technical Answer Center (Construction) 704-432-7822
Sanitary sewage spills 311 or 704-336-7600
Storm Water billing 311 or 704-336-7600
Storm Water Fee Credits 311 or 704-336-7600
Underground Storage Tank 311 or 704-336-7600
Volunteer for storm water programs 311 or 704-336-7600

Related Services:

Groundwater/Wastewater Services is part of the Mecklenburg County Health Department.

Some of Land Development's tasks are done in coordination with Charlotte Code Enforcement and Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement

Tap water or sanitary sewer questions?

Storm water billing is done through Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities.

Printed from: