Mission and Vision
Janice Quintana
Print this PageSite Feedback
311 FAQs

​​​​​​311 call center ho​urs 
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Closed on weekends and City-recognized holidays

Outside of regular business hours, callers can report water, sewer, storm water and animal emergencies via an automated service that dispatches assistance.​ 

What should I do if the request service is not offered online? 
Call 3-1-1 anytime during the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you are calling from outside Mecklenburg County or if your cellular carrier will not connect you to 311, dial (704) 336-7600.

Staff is available to provide critical community services associated with water, sewer, environmental and traffic hazard incidents. Citizens are reminded to phone 9-1-1 in the case of an immediate emergency requiring the response of a police officer.

How do I track confirmation numbers provided?
Call 311 during normal business hours, 7am to 7pm, Monday through Friday.

Can you still track my request if I lose the confirmation number?
Yes, your request can be tracked call and speak with a 311 representative between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

What type of issues can be reported online?
Sight Obstruction, Schedule Bulky Item Collection, Reserve Park Shelter, Report High Weeds and Grass, etc.  (More Online Services)

Will I receive a callback from City/County Department with status of my request?
Depending on the request type you should be contacted  or received a letter once your issue has been

When can I call to talk to a live person?

7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Can I report multiple issues on one request?
No, at this time you will have to fill out separate request for each issue that you are reporting.  We do suggest that you are detailed in the description.
Will more requests be added to this website?
In the near future more services will be offered.  (Available Online Services)
If I have an issue with my computer and did not receive confirmation that my request was submitted, what should I do?
Call 311 during normal operating hours and a representative will research and provide you with a confirmation number.

Can I report non-emergency situations on this website?
In emergency situations always contact 9-1-1. Some non-emergency Police reports can be entered using the CMPD Online Crime Reporting System. Report A Crime
For issues not listed contact 3-1-1. If you need assistance after hours automated options are available.
Will my contact information remain confidential once I enter the request?
The City of Charlotte is a public entity subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law. Any information you  provide to the City is potentially subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request.