City & County departments
Citizen Service/311
Charlotte's Future
Event Calendar
Print this PageSite Feedback
List of CharMeck 311 Services

With CharMeck 311, the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County's 24/7 one stop shop for information, you get quicker access to meet your everyday needs.  Whether it's a question about your water bill, tax bill, garbage pickup, or reserving a picnic area at a local park, 311 is the answer.


Animal Services
We're all about animals!  311 can help you find out what pets are up for adoption or see if your lost pet was picked up by Animal Care and Control.  You can also call 311 to report a dangerous animal in your neighborhood.
For more information about Animal Care and Control, please visit their home page.
Tax Information
Sometimes it's taxing to understand your vehicle tax or personal property tax bills.  Call 311, and our tax specialists can help you over the phone.
Road Improvement
If that pothole has you seeing red, call 311 or use our service request system online to report a pothole or request an improvement to roads, street signs or traffic lights.
Solid Waste Requests
You can call 311 or use our online service request system to request a bulky item pickup from Solid Waste Services, or find information about your local garbage and recycling service.
For more information, please go to the Solid Waste Services home page.
Non-Life threatening Emergencies
311 reduces the burden of calls going to 911.  You can request an officer for non-life threatening emergencies such as noise complaints, graffiti, truancy, loitering, or even to report that your driveway is blocked.

Parks and Recreation Information
Dial 311 and reserve a City or County park facility, register for programs, report problems related to facility or park cleanliness, and request a permit or map.

For information about Parks and Recreation, please visit their home page.
Utilities Information
Water pressure too low?  You can call 311 to access your account or get information about Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility services.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities website also provides helpful tools, such as paying your water bill online and forms for requesting services.
Storm Water Information
We can take a flood of calls about storm water.  Call 311 or use our online service request system regarding storm water erosion or storm drain blockage.
For more information about Storm Water Services, please visit their home page.
If 311 isn't able to handle your requests, then we'll direct you to the right person and right place for city and county services.
Thank you for using CharMeck 311!