UPDATE: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services held its second public meeting on Thursday, January 8, at Beatties Ford Road Regional Library. The purpose of the meeting was to present the existing conditions results, the selected alternative and request input from property owners.
• Project Manager Steven McCraney explained that there were 56 total requests reported to 311, which included issues such as inadequate and deteriorating infrastructure, road flooding, structural flooding, old culverts, sink holes, and erosion/blockages in streams.
• Russell Parker from Armstrong Glen, presented the work performed to assess the drainage systems and summarized the findings of the study by highlighting problems found in the project area.
• Parker explained the existing conditions results and presented the recommended improvements.
• McCraney discussed the path forward which includes preparing design drawings and holding another public meeting once design plans are prepared.
• A question/answer session was held.
Estimated Cost: To Be Determined
Please note that this figure includes all costs associated with the project such as planning and design, utility relocation, consultant fees, construction, permits, and landscaping.