See how much it rained at your house. Use the USGS interactive rainfall map.
Additional interactive USGS maps for Charlotte-Mecklenburg including stream depth and water quality
Year of extremes - wet summer of 2013
• June and July of 2013 were the wettest in Charlotte in 70 years
• 11 Charlotte-Mecklenburg sites recorded more than 18 inches of rain in June and July
• Official rainfall from June 1 through August 31, 2013 was 16.57 inches
• June through August 2013 rainfall (16.57") was 42% higher than average (11.64")
Check a larger version of the June and July rainfall map to see how much it rained near you.
Check out and compare the rainfall totals for the summer of 2012 to the summer of 2013.
Dry fall of 2013
• Three month period from August through October 2013 was the driest in Charlotte in 74 years
• Only 5.34 inches of rain fell from August through October, less than half of our average rainfall amount
Maps of Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s significant rainfall events: